Release Date 25th November 2011
- Global online play: challenge anyone anywhere around the world
- Featuring over 30 playable characters from the history of SNKs bestselling games, including: the return of fan favourites Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki and Five new characters never before seen in previous King Of Fighters games
- Multiple special endings depending on specific characters or forming a specific team
- Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons
- Overhaul of the fighting mechanics, built completely new from the ground up
- Choose from: Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and more
- Voice Chat System: King Of Fighters 13 supports voice chat in the following places: The Room screen, The Battle Preparation screen, During battle
- Customisation: By meeting certain requirements, players can earn new colours, parts and icons for use in the Customise Mode.
- Colours: there are around 20 types and each character has a different set of colours
- Parts: the number and location of the parts differs per character
- Icons: around 50 types of icons will be available
Bringing together warriors from SNK fighting games like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, as well as heroes from other classic games like Psycho Soldier and Ikari Warriors, and adding an exciting story, The King of Fighters series is a dream festival of 2D fighting, and has become a household name in the genre, with many games released in the arcades, on the Neo-Geo and on home consoles.
In a genre dominated by 1 on 1 battles, this series introduced an all-new 3 on 3 fighting style, pitting teams of 3 players against each other, thus popularising the concept of Team Battles. This series started in 1994 with The King of Fighters '94 and would eventually see the exciting Orochi Saga in KOF '95-'97, the NESTS Saga in KOF '99-2001 and the Ash Saga from KOR 2003 onward, introducing such iconic characters as Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, which have earned a large fan following the world over.
The King Of Fighters 13 features fighters from the entire history of the series and concludes the Ash Saga storyline.